The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that construction projects are completed according to schedule, at an above industry standard of quality, to the full satisfaction of the client within budgetary guidelines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates project start-up and mobilization.
- Conducts preconstruction meetings with estimating and field operations personnel.
- Prepares Proposal Letter to be used as an exhibit in the Prime Contract.
- Issues bid instructions to subcontractors.
- Finalizes project costs and issues Project Contract.
- Prepares, updates and monitors Project Schedule to ensure compliance with the Project Contract.
- Subcontractor Buyout â€“ issuance and scope of work/progress monitoring.
- Prepares Request for Proposals, Change Orders Requests and oversees Change Order Administration.
- Supports the on-site construction activities and Project Superintendent by obtaining necessary permits, providing responses to RFIs, and issuing drawings and changes.
- Attends weekly job meetings and prepares meeting minutes.
- Prepares monthly job forecasts, project billings and subcontractor billings.
- Responsible for maintaining all project documentation, to include transmittals, project directories, current contracts and correspondence.
- Responsible for overseeing quality control, and compliance with contractual requirement.
- Oversees all fiscal aspects of the project, including: issuing all subcontractors, approving all vendor invoices, monitoring cost of self-performed work, and pricing and issuing of project changes.
- Acts as liaison between Oltmans Construction and the client, architect, engineers, and governmental entities.
- Responsible for project close-out.
The position provides direction and leadership to the Project team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and frequently lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
This is a full-time position.
This position requires minimal travel to attend off-site meetings.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in construction management, engineering, architecture or other related field or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Must have healthcare experience, OSHPD preferred.
- Certifications in LEED, OSHA, Water Quality, etc. a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working for a commercial general contractor required.
- Working knowledge of CMiC, Viewpoint or equivalent, a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Project Scheduling software. Must be self motivated.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively direct the work of others, and to provide leadership throughout the company.
Oltmans Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices) marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin (includes language use and possession of a driverâ€™s license issued to persons unable to prove their presence in the United States is authorized under federal law), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employer for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested in this position? Send your resume along with a cover letter to HR@oltmans.com