Project Manager – Special Projects
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that construction projects are completed according to schedule, at an above industry standard of quality, to the full satisfaction of the client within budgetary guidelines. The Special Projects group specializes in high end tenant improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates project start-up and mobilization
- Conducts preconstruction meetings with estimating and field operations personnel.
- Prepares Proposal Letter to be used as an exhibit in the Prime Contract.
- Issues bid instructions to subcontractors.
- Finalizes project costs and issues Project Contract.
- Prepares, updates and monitors Project Schedule to ensure compliance with the Project Contract.
- Subcontractor Buyout â€“ issuance and scope of work/progress monitoring
- Prepares Request for Proposals, Change Orders Requests and oversees Change Order Administration.
- Supports the on-site construction activities and Project Superintendent by obtaining necessary permits, providing responses to RFIs, and issuing drawings and changes.
- Attends weekly job meetings and prepares meeting minutes.
- Prepares monthly job forecasts, project billings and subcontractor billings.
- Responsible for maintaining all project documentation, to include transmittals, project directories, current contracts and correspondence.
- Responsible for overseeing quality control, and compliance with contractual requirement.
- Oversees all fiscal aspects of the project, including: issuing all subcontractors, approving all vendor invoices, monitoring cost of self-performed work, and pricing and issuing of project changes.
- Acts as liaison between Oltmans Construction and the client, architect, engineers, and governmental entities.
- Responsible for project close-out.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in construction management, engineering, architecture or other related field or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- 5 â€“ 15 years experience working for a commercial general contractor required.
- Working knowledge of Primavera Project Management and Scheduling software, or equivalent, a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self motivated
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Interested in this position? Send your resume along with a cover letter to HR@oltmans.com