The Project Engineer is responsible for providing support to the Project Manager to ensure that construction projects are completed according to schedule, at an above industry standard of quality, to the full satisfaction of the client within budgetary guidelines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews, coordinates and logs all Project Submittals and Requests for Information.
- Prepares Owner & Subcontractor Change Orders, bidding instructions and other construction related correspondence.
- Interprets addenda and prepares the necessary documentation to address the changes.
- Reviews and negotiates change proposal pricing from subcontractors.
- Reviews project close out requirements; gathers and compiles all project close-out documents.
- Assists with estimating responsibilities on bid day.
- Participates in project coordination meetings and prepares meeting minutes.
- Manages completion of punch list items.
- Maintains As-Built drawings.
- Assists Project Manager review Applications for Payment
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and frequently lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
This is a full-time position.
This position requires minimal travel to attend off-site meetings.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in construction management, engineering, architecture or other related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Microsoft Project Scheduling software, and have a working knowledge of Adobe and Bluebeam.
- Ability to read and interpret plans.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Project Engineering, or equivalent. Preferable experience in healthcare, laboratories or hi-tech.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be self motivated.
- Working knowledge of CMiC, Viewpoint or equivalent a plus.
- Prior field experience a plus.
Oltmans Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices) marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin (includes language use and possession of a driverâ€™s license issued to persons unable to prove their presence in the United States is authorized under federal law), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employer for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested in this position? Send your resume along with a cover letter to HR@oltmans.com