Phase 1-A construction includes mass infrastructure and grading as well as the creation of three (3) speculative concrete tilt-up warehouse and distribution centers (Buildings 1-3), which measure 62,340 s.f., 164,609 s.f., and 204,538 s.f., respectively. Phase 1 broke ground in August 2017 and is expected to begin deliveries during Q3 2018. Oltmansâ€™ scope also includes the safe relocation of the 92-year-old Live Oak Manor rock archway, to make way for new improvements.
The Center at Needham Ranch is a 135-acre, master-planned business park offering state-of-the-art facilities on a speculative and build-to-suit basis. Once completed, the business center will provide up to approximately 4.3 million square feet of industrial, office, and research and development facilities.
Building 1: 62,340 s.f.
Building 2: 164,609 s.f.
Building 3: 204,538 s.f.
The Beckman Business Center is a revitalization of the former 44.3 acre Beckman Campus at Harbor Blvd and Lambert Road in Fullerton. The construction project will include the historic reuse of the original Beckman administration building along with the construction of seven (7) other concrete tilt-up buildings totaling 976,754 s.f.
Building 1: 309,439 s.f.
Building 2: 212,202 s.f.
Building 3: 41,891 s.f.
Building 4: 45,761 s.f.
Building 5: 78,523 s.f.
Building 6: 141,616 s.f.
Building 7: 105,322 s.f.
Building 8: 42,000 s.f.
Los Angeles, CA â€“ February 20, 2018 â€“ We are excited to share that the United Pacific Headquarters project located in Douglas Park, Long Beach was awarded silver award at this year’s Los Angeles Business Journal’s Commercial Real Estate Awards. Read More ››
KPAC (Konoike – Pacific California, Inc.) is a leading cold storage logistics company.
The project involved the construction of a 77,812 s.f. warehouse/freezer/cold dock facility and included the NxtCold Ultra-Low Refrigerant packaged refrigeration systems, which was contracted directly with the owner. The products used on this project were the RSD 60 and RSD 150 Cooling Towers, and 8 Rooftop Units.
We worked closely with the vendors throughout the course of the project to coordinate and manage their various onsite construction changes. Our work included self-performed concrete services, furnishing and installing all of the electrical, plumbing, crane access, cooling tower platforms, roof curbs, insulated metal panels, TPO Roofing over Polyiso insulation over metal deck.
Building specifications include:
- S-1 Occupancy Facility
- Type III-B Fully Sprinklered
- Warehouse/Freezer/Cold Dock = 77,812 s.f.
- Office Space = 4,332 s.f.
- Parking Stalls = 100
- EV Stalls = 11
- Bike Parking = 6 Bike Racks
- Truck Loading Dock Provided = 11 Bays
Building Area: 77,812 s.f.
Formerly known as United Oil, United Pacific–through its convenience stores and its retail and wholesale fuel distribution network–has established itself as one of the largest independent owners, suppliers and operators of gas stations and convenience stores in the western United States. United Pacific offers motor fuels products under the 76, Conoco, Shell and United Oil flags and convenience-store items through the We Got It! Food Mart, My Goods Market and Circle K brands.
United Pacificâ€™s move from Gardena to Long Beachâ€™s Douglas Business Park is a highly anticipated one. An employee driven decision, United Pacific sought for a space that promotes collaboration, drives productivity, and fosters employee retention and dedication. The new corporate headquarters is a 40,376 s.f., 2-story build-to-suit concrete tilt-up building on an 115,455 s.f. site at the corner of Worsham Avenue and Cover Street in Long Beach, California.
Project Highlights Include
- Infusion of the companyâ€™s culture and history into the new and modern space. Signature wall placement of vintage photos, corporate history timeline, and an employee recognition display.
- Visitors are greeted in the front lobby by a classic 1953 Chevy Bel Air Convertible that has been repurposed into a reception desk and parked in front of two gas pumps.
- The Rocket C-Store, a fully stocked, life-size mockup of United Pacificâ€™s owned and operated gas station convenience stores.
- Other considerations to promote employee wellness, openness, and engagement include sound masking technologies, natural light, large open workspaces, ample appropriately sized meeting spaces, a fitness center, upstairs game area, community kitchen and outdoor entertainment area.
- Upscale finishes and contemporary details include a custom conference table, carpet, lighting, wall tiling and high-end furnishings.
- Wood panels in variations of blue were individually hand-cut to achieve the look of waves, which were inspired by United Pacificâ€™s own gas station canopy of blue waves.
Square Footage:40,376 s.f.
The three-story, 35,076 square-foot facility provides the local community with access to high-quality medical services close to their homes and places of work. While PIH Health has updated and revamped many existing medical offices throughout the area, this is its first completed ground-up construction project in the Santa Fe Springs/Norwalk area. Centrally located between PIH Health Hospital – Whittier and PIH Health Hospital – Downey, the new Santa Fe Springs medical office building brings multi-disciplinary care to the neighborhood coupled with the latest in medical technology and facility design. The Bloomfield Medical Office Building offers the following services:
- An Eye Care Center.
- A Family Medicine office where primary care is offered for the entire family.
- An Orthopedics & Sports Medicine office where patients can be seen for a wide range of services related to diagnosing and treating bone and joint conditions.
- A Radiology Department providing X-rays when necessary.
- An Urgent Care Center that is open daily, including holidays.
- A Community Pharmacy where prescriptions can be sent by your physician electronically after an appointment, filled by a pharmacist, and conveniently purchased on the way out.
- One centralized lobby and check-in area welcomes visitors to expedite patient registration. There is open space on the buildingâ€™s third floor for added services that will reflect the evolving needs of the community.
Building exterior features: The ground floor of this 3-story, steel building is clad in granite while the second through third floors are clad in pre-finished metal panels and ribbon windows. The facility has a larger â€śsisterâ€ť, building on the PIH Hospital campus, the Ernest D. Wells Medical Office Building, with a very similar faĂ§ade that serves as a type of branding for the Hospital.
Building Area: 35,076Â s.f.
Site Area: 101,362Â s.f.
Oltmans was awarded another build-to-suit in the Douglas Park Business District in Long Beach. The new project involved a 142,000 s.f., concrete tilt-up post-secondary educational training facility for Universal Technical Institute. The project sits atop a 7.13-acre lot, featuring classrooms with the latest data and network instruction techniques, administrative offices and a large multi-purpose room for graduations. The laboratories provide engine dynos, alignment testing, car racks and transmission dynos. The electrical and mechanical systems to support the above include compressed air throughout the labs, carbon exhaust systems, and state-of-the-art power and data outlets to connect all mechanic devices.
Site 310,670 s.f. (7.13 acres)
Building 142,000 s.f.
General Mills Logistics Center is a state-of-the-art 1,133,282 s.f., Class-A, 36â€™ clear facility with a 414,060 s.f expansion. The project also features expansion parcels for auto and trailer storage specifically tailored to maximize e-commerce and distribution productivity functions.
Building features and amenities:
- 1,131,511 s.f. industrial/distribution area
- 1,133,382 s.f. building area
- 65 acre site with contiguous 25 acres available
- Expandable to 1.5 MSF
- 36â€™ minimum clearance height
- Large on-site truck queuing lane
- 425 truck trailer parking stalls – expandable
- 856 auto parking spaces – expandable
- 188 dock high doors (9â€™ x 10â€™)
- Four (4) grade level doors (12â€™x15â€™)
- Cross-dock loading
- 240â€™ – 189â€™ secured concrete truck court
- 50â€™x56â€™ typical column bay spacing
- LEED Certified
- ESFR fire sprinkler system
- 2.5% skylights
- Offices to suit
- Power to suit
- Corporate neighbors include: Amazon, Loweâ€™s, Ross Stores, Home Depot, Walgreens, Whirlpool, Hanes and Deckers/Ugg
- Complete site work â€“ landscaping, sidewalks, fencing, etc.
Square Footage1,500,000 s.f.
Deckers Outdoor Corporation is a global manufacturer of brands such as Ugg, Simple, Sanuk, and Teva shoes. The company awarded Oltmans Construction Co. with a GMAX contract for the preconstruction and construction services of its new, LEED Silver Certified, 187,185 s.f. world headquarters at Cabrillo Business Park in Goleta, CA. The headquarters consist of a four (4) building campus development respectively called Buildings 1, 2, 3 and 12, which houses more than 400 employees.
Main Corporate Headquarters Building (Building 12)
Reflective blue green glazing and metal panel facade/canopies define the main entry of the 2-story, Deckers Corporate Headquarters Building (Building 12). Articulated concrete tilt-up panels consisting of varying horizontal and vertical reveal work create a composition to the facade. Local materials such as Santa Barbara sandstone complete Building 12â€™s exterior detail. High-end tenant improvements of the 1st floor features a large multi-use rotunda at the main lobby entry with glass surround, intricate wood and granite flooring, floating acoustical wood panel ceiling detail, a cafeteria, training rooms, and a 4,000 s.f. retail store. The 2nd floor includes executive team suites, conference rooms with state of the art audio/visual systems, legal department offices, and open office work space.
Building 1 is a 77,000 s.f., 2-story concrete tilt-up office building and includes an indoor gymnasium with showers and locker rooms.
Building 2 is a 40,000 s.f., 2-story concrete tilt-up office building with minimal tenant improvement work. It includes a bathroom, janitor closet and elevator.
This 30,000 s.f. single story, concrete tilt-up building includes:
- 578 s.f. private data center with Static Dispating Tile (SDT) flooring, a UPS room and pre-action fire protection system. Special mechanical system with dedicated power and backup generator to keep the servers cool.
- 20,000 s.f. warehouse (clear-height of 23â€™, one (1) dock-high door, two (2) roll-up doors, and 2% skylights)
- advertisement and marketing area inclusive of a photography room and two (2) rooms for video recording.
Off-Site Work / City of Goleta / Community Benefits
It was important for Deckers to give back to the Santa Barbara community, where the company originally was founded. Working with Deckers, the City of Goleta and its city representatives, Oltmansâ€™ scope of work involved various street improvements including new medians, new landscaping, sidewalks, and a new public transit infrastructure (bus stop). In addition, the project provided new sitting areas, a walking trail, bike paths, sports courts, a water feature and the restored natural wetlands, all of which is open to the public.
The MS Aerospace building is a single-story concrete tilt-up manufacturing facility including mezzanine for the production of bolts for use in the aerospace industry. The project includes an Owner specified 35,000 s.f. machine shop, high pressure oil precipitation ventilation system, 7,000 s.f. office area. The building exterior features curved radius and interlocking panels.
Square Footage40.800 s.f.
This is a 543,400 s.f., single story, tilt-up warehouse distribution center with on-site improvements project. The building features a thirty-two (32) foot clear height (inside first column line), an ESFR (Early Suppression, Fast Response) sprinkler system, main offices, shipping and receiving offices as well as all concrete truck yards with guard house. Oltmans also self-performed the concrete work.
Square Footage543.400 S.f.
Winner of the prestigious Gold Nugget Award 2001, Best Public/Private Special Use Facility
This fire station houses one truck company of four firefighters, one engine company of three firefighters, and two medics. The project included the station, cafeteria, bunk house and all the required F.F. & E.
Square Footage20,000 s.f.
The project is a concrete tilt-up, build to suit warehouse/distribution/office facility with interior improvements and associated site work.
Building Area 278,678 s.f.
Office Area 10,500, s.f.
Oltmans Construction Co. was the design/build contractor on this Type III-B, fully sprinklered, build-to-suit project for NAPA AUTO PARTS. As the design/build contractor, Oltmans was responsible for the complete process, which required hiring and managing the design team, securing permits, issuing subcontracts and coordinating design/build MEP trades. A notable achievement was completing the design phase within a two month timeframe to maintain the completion date per the accelerated project schedule.
The projectâ€™s scope involved the renovation of an existing warehouse facility. The warehouse retrofit required removing of existing floor sealer, prepping the slab, installing new densifying product, and polishing the floor. Oltmans cut-in and installed five (5) hydraulic dock levelers, a back-up generator, as well as patch and painted the buildingâ€™s exterior surfaces and roof. The project required the build-out of a new retail store, H3/H4 (Hazardous) Rooms, and an Aerosol Room.
To accommodate the work staff, the existing office area was demolished for the construction of new interior offices. The new office area included cubicle farms, executive offices, a training room with accordion partitions, a kitchenette, restrooms, lockers, and indoor/outdoor break rooms.
The site work involved the installation of a new driveway as well as additional parking spaces and landscaping.
New Office Area: 12,673 s.f.
New Retail Area: 3,061 s.f.
Existing Warehouse Area: 175,773 s.f.
Existing Total Building Area: 191,000 s.f.
Total Site Area: 426,518 s.f.