Oltmans Construction provided tenant improvement and exterior remodel, including site work, on four (4) single-story buildings (respectively called Buildings 1-4) for the County of Riversideâ€™s Department of Social Services in Hemet, CA. Oltmans worked off-hours and in multiple phases while the building was completely occupied so that DPSS could remain operational while the project was under construction.
Building 1 (541 San Jacinto) received full gutting and reconstruction of an existing area to build-out new offices, classrooms, restrooms, a waiting room, etc.
Buildings 2 (545 San Jacinto) was a seismic upgrade project and Building 3 (547 San Jacinto) had minor office remodel and tenant improvement work.
Building 4 (563 San Jacinto) was an adaptive re-use of a Stater Bros store. The scope of work was to build-out offices for the expansion of the DPSS operations and included the relocation of the electric service.
Square Footage 80,000 s.f.
The Nova Academy 42,199 s.f. tenant improvement project is a seismic retrofit and conversion of an existing 4-story office building into a charter high school. The construction scope of work included complete demolition of the existing space, seismic retrofits: installation of 32-metal braces throughout the building and structural steel reinforcement on the 2nd floor patio as well as all interior buildout.
The Oltmans project management team coordinated closely with Berliner Architects & Nova Academy to ensure project delivery in time for the new school year. To reach the grand opening date, Oltmans began construction activities while design was at 65% completion. Other strategies utilized were early ordering of long lead items such as steel braces, strategic overtime work towards the end of the construction schedule and consistent communication between Berliner Architects, Nova Academy and Oltmans Construction.
Square Footage42,199 s.f.
The Laguna Woods Village is a retirement community located in Southern California. This project is a 12,500 s.f. renovation of an existing historical building that includes new construction of a storage building, a loggia structure and adjacent site improvements.
The scope of work includes restoring of the original terra cotta tiles on the exterior of the building, updating & refurbishing the clubhouse & ballroom trusses, doors & windows, installation of new ceramic tiles throughout the restroom & kitchen, updates to the ceiling fans & chandeliers and restoration & upgrades to the roof structure & tiles.
The project involved coordination with the surrounding Laguna Woods Village Community to maintain a secure construction site while still allowing access to posterior golf cart paths, thus reducing the impact of construction on the local community.
Square Footage12,500 s.f.
Door Components consolidated their two existing locations into the new facility to enhance their ability to manufacture stainless steel metal doors and window frames. Oltmans provided design-build services and self-performed the concrete construction. The futuristic facade on the 93,183 sf concrete tilt-up gives it a purposeful skewed look. The unique 13,000 sf of interior office space includes a 2-story window wall that allows viewing into the manufacturing area from the offices. The building is constructed utilizing advanced seismic stability and energy efficiency.
Square Footage 93,183 s.f.
The 3104 E. Ana Street building in Rancho Dominguez, CA is a single-story, office/warehouse facility with a single tenant and contains one roof area on a single elevation. The building is constructed using concrete tilt-up wall panels that support wood decking. As the General Contractor, Oltmansâ€™ Special Projects Division is called upon to provide complete building modifications involving slab replacement, a new loading dock and raising the roof of the existing structure to accommodate the use of a high-pile storage system. The scope of work consists of:
- Demolish existing rear of the structure inclusive of building wall panels, existing parking areas, existing building floor slab x 88,000 sq/ft crush all demolition related materials on site for re use as base.
- Construction of new dock high rear section of structure including excavation of existing grade, wall panels, dock equipment, stairs, truck well slab, trash enclosure.
- Remove existing roofing and structure including bracing with dead men of existing wall panels that remained.
- Protection of existing tenant improvement during demolition and reconstruction phase(s) of work.
- New interior 6â€ť slab x 88,000 sq/ft
- New truck well access into building footprint at front elevation including excavation, CIP dock walls and slab, dock levelers.
- Complete new custom roof structure to include increased roof deck height, seismic upgrades in conjunction with new hardware at all connections, foil backed plywood at roof.
- New roofing provided by Owner.
- Upgrade to ESFR fire sprinkler system.
- New hardscape, irrigation and landscaping.
- New access gates including loop access.
- Painting of the interior and exterior of building complete.
Square Footage: 115, 114 s.f.
The project consisted of the complete interior and exterior renovation of an existing 2-story, 80,000 s.f. office / warehouse building.
- Re-construction to existing building front to include new steel stud construction to provide new faĂ§ade including new stucco with reveals and structural steel architectural elements for an updated design look.
- New glazing with medium performance glass and new store front entry to lobby.
- New concrete sidewalk and custom entry paving with acid washed and colored concrete.
- New landscaping at all areas of the building
- Upgrade of existing parking lot to include patching, slurry and restriping of existing paving.
- New exterior building lighting (wall packs)
- Sealing of existing exposed aggregate panels and repainting of remaining tilt-up panels.
- Seismic upgrade to the existing building.
- Drywall added to the interior offices to provide ease of future tenant improvement.
- Upgrade to existing lobby area.
- ADA upgrades to existing restrooms.
- New T-5 warehouse lighting.
- Epoxy finish to existing warehouse floor.
- Replace and upgrade base HVAC and electrical systems.