Formerly known as United Oil, United Pacific–through its convenience stores and its retail and wholesale fuel distribution network–has established itself as one of the largest independent owners, suppliers, and operators of gas stations and convenience stores in the western United States. United Pacific offers motor fuel products under the 76, Conoco, Shell, and United Oil flags and convenience-store items through the We Got It! Food Mart, My Goods Market, and Circle K brands.
United Pacificâ€™s move from Gardena to Long Beachâ€™s Douglas Business Park is a highly anticipated one. An employee-driven decision, United Pacific sought a space that promotes collaboration, drives productivity, and fosters employee retention and dedication. The new corporate headquarters is a 40,376-s.f., two-story, build-to-suit, concrete tilt-up building on a 115,455-s.f. site at the corner of Worsham Avenue and Cover Street in Long Beach, California.
Project Highlights Include
- Infusion of the companyâ€™s culture and history into the new and modern space. Signature wall placement of vintage photos, corporate history timeline, and an employee recognition display.
- Visitors are greeted in the front lobby by a classic 1953 Chevy Bel Air Convertible that has been repurposed into a reception desk and parked in front of two gas pumps.
- The Rocket C-Store, a fully stocked, life-size mockup of United Pacificâ€™s owned and operated gas station convenience stores.
- Other considerations to promote employee wellness, openness, and engagement include sound masking technologies, natural light, large open workspaces, ample appropriately sized meeting spaces, a fitness center, upstairs game area, community kitchen, and outdoor entertainment area.
- Upscale finishes and contemporary details include a custom conference table, carpet, lighting, wall tiling, and high-end furnishings.
- Wood panels in variations of blue were individually hand-cut to achieve the look of waves, which were inspired by United Pacificâ€™s own gas station canopy of blue waves.
Square Footage: 40,376 s.f.