Senior Estimator / Estimator
Provides full estimating services on all sizes of projects and contract types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare Conceptual Budgets/Negotiated Pre-Construction Agreements
- Attend pre-construction meetings and client presentations.
- Work with Project Management to generate an accurate schedule.
- Coordinate job walks and discuss the project with key trades for accurate unit pricing.
- Prepare take-off quantities. Provide value engineering ideas to clients.
- Review take-off quantities generated by Junior Estimators. Provide and manage guidelines for On-Screen Take-off presentation.
- Prepare Excel Budget/Preconstruction deliverables for client.
- Prepare Negotiated and Hard Bids
- Attend client meetings, visit project site and assess site constructability.
- Review bid documents for accuracy, completeness and special project requirements.
- Set-up trades, proposed subcontractor list and project description using bid invitation software.
- Coordinate job walk and discuss project with key trades.
- Generate RFIs for plan and specification discrepancies.
- Work with construction team and subcontractors to identify trade specific time durations for each scope of work in order to generate an accurate schedule.
- Review and qualify all subcontractor proposals to ensure a complete scope of work.
- Prepare final Bid Package for submission to client.
- Review project status during course of construction.
- Concrete Estimating
- Coordinate meetings with Field Operations to determine constructability, perform detailed concrete take-offs and calculate pricing using various sources.
- Price change orders during the construction phase of the project on an as needed basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in construction management or other related field required or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently estimate construction costs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work effectively on an individual basis, as well as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in use of On-Screen Take-off, PrimeBid, Bidmail, BuildingConnected, Timberline, and/or other similar estimating programs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Interested in this position? Send your resume along with a cover letter to HR@oltmans.com