Provides full estimating services on all sizes of projects and contract types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare Conceptual Budgets / Negotiated Pre-Construction Agreements.
- Attend pre-construction meetings, bring on Design Build trades and provide input on constructability and design solutions in relation to cost effectiveness.
- Reconcile budget estimates with pricing updates and contract values.
- Coordinate meetings with Field Operations to determine constructability, perform detailed concrete take-offs and calculate pricing using various sources.
- Work closely with material and equipment suppliers.
- Manage Negotiated and Hard Bid process as the Lead Estimator for various projects.
- Review bid documents for accuracy, completeness and special project requirements.
- Set-up trades, proposed subcontractor list and project description in Building Connected.
- Generate RFIs for plan and specification discrepancies.
- Attend client pre-bid meetings, visit project site and assess site constructability.
- Coordinate job walks and discuss project with key trades for accurate pricing.
- Assign trades and oversee other estimators work / assist other Lead Estimators as a trade analyzer on their projects.
- Work with construction team to identify trade specific scope of work, and generate accurate scheduling.
- Prepare General Conditions pricing for management of the project.
- Review and analyze / qualify all sub proposals to ensure a complete scope of work.
- Utilize On-Screen Take-off for quantity survey and/or overlay of drawings.
- Review take-off quantities generated by other Estimators and trade subcontractors.
- Prepare final Bid Package for submission to client including review of marketing materials, creation of proposal letter and estimate summary.
- Provide value engineering ideas to clients.
- Prepare GMax Bid Book and meet with client to review pricing.
- Review project status during course of construction for lessons learned and budget tracking.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear the employee frequently is required to stand and walk, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The employee must regularly lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and frequently lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position TypeThis is a full-time position. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Minimal travel may be required.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in construction management or other related field required or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in use of On-Screen Take-off.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently estimate construction costs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work effectively on an individual basis, as well as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Oltmans Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (all aspects of religious beliefs, observance or practice, including religious dress or grooming practices) marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin (includes language use and possession of a driverâ€™s license issued to persons unable to prove their presence in the United States is authorized under federal law), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer or a record or history of cancer, and genetic characteristics), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employer for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested in this position? Send your resume along with a cover letter to HR@oltmans.com