This position is located in our San Jose office. Candidates must be willing to travel to our Corporate office in Whittier, CA for initial training and on an as needed basis. All business travel will be paid for by the Company.
The Project Engineer is responsible for providing support to the Project Manager to ensure that construction projects are completed according to schedule, at an above industry standard of quality, to the full satisfaction of the client within budgetary guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews, coordinates and logs all Project Submittals and Requests for Information.
- Prepares Owner & Subcontractor Change Orders, bidding instructions and other construction related correspondence.
- Interprets addenda and prepare the necessary documentation to address the changes.
- Reviews and negotiates change proposal pricing from subcontractors.
- Reviews project close out requirements; gather and compile all project close-out documents.
- Assists with estimating responsibilities on bid day.
- Participates in project coordination meetings and prepares meeting minutes.
- Manages completion of punch list items.
- Maintains As-Built drawings.
- Assists Project Manager review Applications for Payment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in construction management, engineering, architecture or other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Project Engineering, or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self motivated
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Microsoft Project Scheduling software, and have a working knowledge of Adobe and Blubeam.
- Ability to read and interpret plans.
- Working knowledge of Primavera Project Management software, or equivalent, a plus.
- Field experience a plus.
Interested in this position? Send your resume along with a cover letter to HR@oltmans.com