Beach Blvd. Medical Center is a multi-tenant medical office building that houses medical groups: MemorialCare and Fresenius Medical in Southern California. Located on one of the busiest streets in Huntington Beach, CA, Oltmans Construction Co. completed a ground-up, two-story, 44,500-s.f., Class-A medical office building, and retrofitted an existing parking structure.
Oltmansâ€™ scope included core and shell construction, complete site work, and landscaping improvements. The renovation of the parking structure required close collaboration between Ware Malcomb, Oltmans, and our subcontractors to provide an innovative solution for the aging structure.
Project highlights include concrete form-liner on the exterior panel, white oak stairs, European wall tiling in the lobby, and an iconic surfboard sculpture symbolizing the Huntington Beach lifestyle. The detailed concrete form-liner and surfboard sculpture required active coordination between Oltmans’ project management team, the architect, and the owner to ensure that it met the intended design aesthetic. Coordination between building tenants (MemorialCare and Fresenius Medical) and their contractors allowed this facility to be operational shortly after Oltmansâ€™ scope was complete.
- Total Floor Area: 44,500 s.f.
- Tilt-Up Wall Area: 25,023 s.f.
- Number of Panels: 33 panels
- Tallest Panel: 41 ft
- Widest Panel: 26 ft 11 in
- Largest Panel: 1,566 s.f.
- Heaviest Panel: 137,000 lbs
- Recycled Content: 34 tons
- Free, on-site surface and structure parking
- Close proximity to the 405 freeway
- Approximately 58,000 cars per day along Beach Boulevard